Powered By Blogger

Monday 28 November 2011

A good way to ameliorate your english ...

Back in high school and college, I would see few of my friends working hard to solve The Hindu crossword puzzle. I somehow never got  the hang of it, nor did I ever read the entire paper. However, over the last one year, I have realized the joy of reading. Not just a good book, but the everyday news paper.

Especially, for people who prepare for competitive exams such as GMAT, CAT, GRE, and so on, reading the news paper everyday and solving a few crossword puzzle would really help. More than helping you with just exams, newspapers provide you with a better understanding of our society, system and the happenings.

Back to crosswords, The Guardian, UK's news portal has one of my favorite crossword puzzles. Their archive can be searched for older ones and this would really serve a good brain teaser and help you get better at the English language. More specifically in using the right words.

Have fun and learn well !

No comments:

Post a Comment