Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Electronic mail - Electronic banking - Electronic food ?

All things are E- today. I seriously doubt if the founder of the internet expected that his work would change the world so much. What started has transmitting text from one server to another, has transformed the whole world in a span of 2 decades.

Back in the mid/late 90's, I just started learning about the phenomenon called Internet when I was into my 8th or 9th grade. We used to go to Internet Cafe's and browse the awesome yet still in development world of internet and would send electronic mail to distant friends and relatives. As we moved into 21st century, the E factor as grown so rapidly that, anything and everything has become internet dependent.

I look at the kids at school these days and it blows my mind. Kids in 3rd grade and 4th grade would know more about using a smart phone and the internet than we grownups (:-/) would know. I know a kid from NC, who was attending 6th grade and he helped me fix my android phone. Wowww..

One true contribution thanks to the development of Internet, the world has really shrunk in terms of getting information across cities, countries and continents. However, The more we have gotten used to this E-way of living, I fear that there will be a time when we might be forced to rethink, the whole situation of getting things done electronically. Come on, We do love chips, but the edible kind. Not the silicon wafer.

No comments:

Post a Comment